Thursday, May 31, 2018


This week I wrote a poem from the birds perspective about how it was trapped in the plastic bag. Here it is.

I struggle to get out, wanting to be freed from this mess. The urge of being released flows over me. My frail legs are weak from my efforts. The blood trickled down as a sign of my struggles. My resilience is no more. As I gasp at the sharp cold wind my lungs crave for more. The thought of never being released from this endless torture is horrifying. Birds soar pass me, when can I be like them? Where is my freedom? These wings of mine will fly no more. This plastic blanket draws me closer to death. I feel a rush of agony as my lifeline starts to slowly come to an end. I slowly manoeuvre my way around, nothing. The triumph awaits me, I dream of a release. I have been held captive, asphyxiated and unable to be free. Goodbye.

3 comments:

  1. I really like the way you set it out and how you made it so you can see the writing but other than that I think it needs more color and that's all I hope this will help you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like your poem but maybe make it less dark and sad and maybe you could add a background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is nice keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete